IZICO Food Group is one of the largest suppliers of brands (including Beckers, De Vries, Van Oers, Bicky, Daloon, Goodlife) and private label products, such as frikandels, hamburgers, mini snacks, spring rolls, samosas, other ethnic products and bread snacks. . These products are produced in our factories in the Benelux, England and Denmark.
Our clients range from mainstream and budget retailers, Food Service and Business-to-Business partners. Our ambition is to be the preferred supplier for customers and consumers in every category in which we operate.
For the Engineering department we are looking for a:
- Service and repair production and packing machine equipment efficiently and effectively
- Undertaking day to day site maintenance tasks working as part of a flexible and customer focused team
- Work closely with the Engineering & Production Manager and engineering team members to ensure all plant assets are maintained to high standards in order to maximise production efficiencies, facilitate speedy response to all plant stoppages
- Plan/implement modifications to new and existing equipment
- Undertake reactive and planned maintenance
- Make scheduled checks (PPM) on machinery and parts
- Proactive in performing general site maintenance tasks in order to maintain high presentation and working standards of health and safety & site hygiene at all times
Main duties and responsibilities
- Proactive in performing general site maintenance tasks in order to maintain high presentation and working standards of health and safety & site hygiene at all times. To ensure that plant, machinery and equipment is available when required for production.
- To ensure that mechanical, electrical and control engineering skills are available within the production area, and for supporting other engineers in electrical and control engineering matters.
- To participate in improvement projects including waste reduction, efficiency, changeover reduction, NPD, plant improvements and planned maintenance.
- Assist with installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment within the engineering departments’ control.
- Provide engineering support and training to other employees as required.
- Contribute to the achievement of site objectives, in particular supporting improvements in quality, efficiency, running speeds/throughput rates.
- Participate in implementing planned maintenance programmes and ensure the requirements of these are carried out. Develop the programmes in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Carry out the requirements of breakdown service and gain agreement from the Engineering Manager to implement any improvements that will reduce such breakdowns.
- Ensure that all services are maintained to maximise production potential without prejudice to health and safety.
- Be responsible for applying the “Lock, tag and try “ procedure.
- To ensure that electrical systems are operated in line with legislation.
- Hours 21:30 to 06:00
The job requires a person with a mature attitude, time served qualifications with a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary £35.706 plus night shift allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension – up to 5%
- Notice period; 3 months.