IZICO Food Group is one of the largest suppliers of brands (including Beckers, De Vries, Van Oers, Bicky, Daloon, Goodlife) and private label products, such as frikandels, hamburgers, mini snacks, spring rolls, samosas, other ethnic products and bread snacks. . These products are produced in our factories in the Benelux, England and Denmark.
Our clients range from mainstream and budget retailers, Food Service and Business-to-Business partners. Our ambition is to be the preferred supplier for customers and consumers in every category in which we operate.
We are looking for a:
Health & Safety co-ordinator
To ensure the site meets the legal and regulatory requirements as well as customer and industry standards in Health and Safety and the provision of high quality advice/guidance on company policy relating to health and safety matters.
- To ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and actions are completed.
- To participate in and support investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances and to follow up on all non-conformances.
- To facilitate implementation of corrective actions and preventative actions where required.
- Maintain the site’s Health & Safety Policy
- To carry out regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- To maintain records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- To provide Health & Safety support to all site functions.
- To understand and share relevant technical requirements for Health & Safety across site.
- To support training and coaching across the facility to drive a positive safety culture.
- To identify and implement Health & Safety improvements across site actively working alongside operational colleagues
- To coordinate Health & Safety programs and processes across site.
- To be an active member of the site safety committees.
- To administer and track all Health & Safety data and statistics across site.
- To produce weekly and monthly reports.
- To keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.
- Full awareness of UK Health & Safety laws and regulations
- Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions.
- Professional, assertive and engaging.
- Strong influencing skills/ strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide practical risk control solutions.
- Administration skills / report writing / letter writing / data compilation and analysis.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure & prioritise tasks.
- Self-motivated and committed.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving department.
- Good time management skills.
- Honest and approachable.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Integrity and impartiality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary between £20,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension – up to 5%
- Notice period; 3 months.